Duties of the School Site Council
The school site council of Pioneer Elementary School, hereinafter referred to as the school site council, shall carry out the following duties:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement from all school advisory committees.
- Develop and approve the plan and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Recommend the plan and expenditures to the governing board for approval.
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the plan with the principal, teachers and other school staff members.
- Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
- Submit the modified plan for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
- Annually evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the school site council by the district governing board and by state law.